Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Carpe Diem

Yesterday, just before I taught my 9:30 AM Spin class, I received the news that Dede Frontera had passed away. For those of you that workout at Equinox in Scarsdale, you know that Dede was a fixture at the gym and even through her challenging and valiant battle, she showed up at the gym almost every day and trained hard. I would often look at her training with Ray and think to myself, WOW if she can do it so can I. She gave me so much inspiration and at times when I was allowing my "luxury problems" to weight me down, she provided a sense of perspective.

We have the opportunity to make every day of our lives count and to live every day to the fullest. I am recommitting myself to not sweating the small stuff, making sure that I make the most of each day and TO MY WORKOUTS! Dede did it and so can I!

My workouts and classes until the end of The Challenge are dedicated to Dede and her incredible spirit.

Thanks for the inspiration Dede.

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading your comments about Dede and life. Since you started this 40/30 I've been thinking about life and workouts in a whole different way. I have been working out 5-6 days a week for 17 years, almost without exception. You get in a rut sometimes; you have reinvigorated my commitment to working out and living life, so thank you!

    Rest in peace Dede.

    Holly

    ReplyDelete